Protein waffles!🧇 Save this recipe for the weekend😋➡️ And no, this isn’t one of those “3 ingredient recipes” with protein powder, eggs, and a banana. I like you all (& myself) wayyyyy too much for that😂 BUT, it does have whole wheat flour for fiber (gut healthy + prevents that post-brunch crash) and plenty of protein to fuel your day🤗
D(eat)s (makes 4):
•1 cup whole wheat flour
•1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (or plain Greek yogurt + additional 1/2 tsp vanilla)
•1/4 cup milk of choice (dairy, soy, and pea are great options for a protein boost)
•2 Tbsp oil or melted butter
•1 tsp vanilla
•1 tsp baking soda
•1/2 tsp baking powder
•1/2 tsp nutmeg
•Spray oil to grease the waffle iron
•Optional: add up to 2 Tbsp flax meal for omega-3s + extra fiber and protein
1. Mix dry ingredients, set aside.
2. Whisk together wet ingredients.
3. Add dry to wet and mix until just combined.
4. Scoop 1/3 cup of batter onto greased waffle iron.
5. Bake according to waffle iron instructions.
6. Enjoy! Add fruit, nut butter, whipped cream, syrup, or whatever toppings your heart desires!